Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Time Passing Too Fast

I try to give you all an idea of what it's like to live in another country but what's on my mind tonight is trying to describe what it's like to live in another country and yet still have a house here in the US that I visit for a brief week every now and then.

Since I left January 4 I have been back 4 times - and one of those times doesn't count since it was only a few days and I worked the whole time. Work work. Then twice I was back with bad weather - once it was downright cold and the other time it was rainy the entire week. This week it is warm (hot) and sunny and not only do I have a house to do basic cleaning in I also have a yard in desperate need of attention.

We kind of officially get comp time for flying outside of business hours and I've missed several holidays and I need to take at least 4 weeks of vacation or I will lose them so I should not feel guilty for taking care of my home but I do. I know I have a mountain of work to do while I am here but I've so far spent most of my time working on my home and yard and y'all, I feel like a million bucks! I am exhausted and sore but so satisfied.

Today I spread fresh pine needle mulch in the front and on the sides of the house. I cleaned and refilled two birdfeeders. I cleared off the front porch, scrubbed it down, and put it back together. No more green dust! I also cleaned and dusted two of my four rooms including doing windows which evidently the cats sit at and sneeze the whole time I am gone since they were covered with cat snot. Two more rooms to go. And about 23 days of yardwork.

So yes it is so good to travel but there are drawbacks. Like coming home and having to accomplish 4 months worth of stuff in one week.

No comments: