Monday, May 05, 2008

I am dying here

I landed Saturday morning about 6:15. Got a few things done Saturday but mostly I slept. Took two naps for a total of about 6 hours and then went to bed early.

Yesterday I was up early and out at the carwash place where I had my oil changed since I could not remember the last time. They washed and vacuumed and I sprung for a wax since the truck has been sitting for so long under a tree. It needed it and it looks better than it has in 2 years.

I went to Lowe's and got 9 bales of pine straw mulch and came home and got the machete out and started hacking away at the ivy in the backyard. When the blister on my right index finger became too painful I got out my FAVORITE POWER TOOL IN THE WORLD. My pressure washer. I love my pressure washer. I started washing the house. I got the back and part of the side and the patio concrete finished before I collapsed.

This morning I woke up and did some work work and then got back at it. I removed the old pine straw from last year and pressure washed the sidewalk and driveway and the other part of the side of the house. So the house is 1/2 finished now. And everything looks so good.

And I am dying. I am so sore and tired I can't hardly keep my head up.

I needed this. I needed to be home for a while and get out and kill myself in the yard. I needed it.

I feel better already. Except for the dying part.

No comments: