Sunday, November 04, 2007

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

This time change from Daylight Saving Time to Standard Time and back always messes me up. It's like jet lag without the benefit of seeing a new exciting different place. And this time it's going to be even worse because I stayed up late (for me) last night and watched SNL for the first time in about 8 years to see Brian Williams because I knew I would sleep late(r) today.

At 6:50 my land line started ringing. I vaguely heard it and ignored it because I always ignore my landline because it's usually someone wanting money. 5 minutes later it rang again. I finally got up at 7:03 and checked the messages and it was Miss Jessie next door. Worried that she had fallen or was not well I called her back immediately and here's the story. She was sitting reading her bible before church today and a bulb in the overhead light in her den went out. She went into her kitchen and another bulb went out there. She was extremely upset because she was sure her house was on fire. I assured her it wasn't and since I have no lightbulbs in the house told her to go on to church and I would run out to the store and get some bulbs and fix things for her this afternoon. Being the neighbor of an almost 96 year old woman can be a challenge at times.

So I'm sleep deprived today. Which will only be compounded starting at about 5 when it gets dark and I start counting the minutes until I can go to bed without feeling embarrassed.

No comments: