Thursday, January 10, 2008

Yo Quiero Santiago!

Tomorrow is Friday. I can't begin to tell you how quickly this week has passed for me. There is so much to do in the office, so much crazy boring data entry stuff that must be done for hours on end to set this new account up in the system and also so much training that must be accomplished with the staff. And so tomorrow is Friday and I can't believe I have been here for almost a full week.

I continue to just love Santiago. The people here are very friendly and helpful, much like the Japanese were when I was in Tokyo. Once again I am in an apartment on a high floor of a building in a city where I never would have thought I would be happy but I am, incredibly so. Tonight there was a corporate party on a large balcony of a building next to mine and when I got home from dinner they were playing old Madonna and I went on the balcony and enjoyed it and some folks were sitting out on their balcony on yet another building and waved to me and I waved back. I think it helps that it's summer and people are out and about. At any rate I have gotten used to it already and it is just wonderful to be here.

I had a guilty cat moment earlier. Mostly this is because I haven't had any bad cat moments since I arrived and it's been a week now so it was time. I do miss the punks so much and am thankful that I'm distracted enough by work that I don't dwell on it. Gale (my awesome cat sitter) is going over every other day and on the days she goes I don't even shower without my phone just in case. On her visit days when the phone doesn't ring I know I can go to bed content.

OK - got to sleep now because we have to meet 30 minutes earlier than usual to go to work in the morning which means I actually have to get up when my alarm goes off the first time!

No comments: