Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Best Feelings In The World

My Top However Many It Ends Up Being List:

1. Coming home and knowing I don't have to go back out and washing my face. Someone (an expert) recently told me the very best face wash/exfolliator is to mix a little Cetaphyl with a bit of plain baking soda into a runny paste and I swear it is the best) Apologies for the girlie shit.

2. Shaving my legs the same day I change my sheets. I only sleep on 100% cotton at the highest thread count I can afford which seems to be around 400 if I can make them last for 4 years and get them on sale. Also I prefer white sheets always. I change my sheets on Sundays and so make sure I also shave my legs on that day even in the winter because it just feels so good to get into fresh sheets with smooth legs. More apologies for more girlie shit but I promise these are the two girlie things I totally indulge in. I've been trying to make an attempt to wear lipstick recently in an effort to be more girlie and today I was trying to hide the fact that I was putting some more on and Eduardo caught me and told me it just wasn't me and to stop it. I'm more of a lip balm kind of gal.

3. Holding cats. Really holding them. Phoebe at 2 years has begun to let me for about 90 seconds at a time. Sonny my old man 18 year old adores to be on me with his paws wrapped arond my neck but doesn't really like the hugging. Camille is my love bunny. She will get on my lap and let me squeeze her and hug her and she purrs and begs for more. Also if she is scared like when she goes to the vet or goes into quarantine in Japan or there is a thunderstorm she will crawl up to my shoulder and hold on and bury her face in my neck. It is so sweet and one of the top best feelings in the world.

4. Loving someone you are not related to or in a romantic relationship with. Really truly loving. I have three and there is nothing I would not do for any one of them. You know who you are.

5. An exceptional morning fart.

6. A good, flavorful cup of just-strong-enough freshly brewed coffee. Or two or five.

7. An excellent massage.

8. Having enough time one night in 30 to think about the simple things that you consider the best feelings in the world and appreciate that the majority of them cost nothing at all and yet are priceless.

I guess this makes a Top Eight List. I always was a bit of an underachiever.

PS: My last post was about the apartment elves and I totally left out what prompted this post. Last night when I got home (and after I washed my face of course) I turned down the sheets and the elves had left me 2 brand new fluffy excellent pillows!!! My previous pillows were pretty flat - one was kind of firm and the other was squooshy and I always used the squooshy one and nana always left the firm one on my sleeping side when she made up the bed so I had to exchange them every night. I now have two great squooshy pillows! Which are brand new and so I am the only person to have slobbered on them! Which I guess brings me to Best Feeling #9 which is excellent pillows. So I am not such an underachiever after all.

No comments: