Sunday, May 14, 2006

Short Hair

I got my hair cut yesterday. When I went to Japan in January 2005 I had been wearing it very short and was overdue for a cut but I went figuring it could wait a month. By the time I returned in December it was long - past my shoulders - but also dry and dead. I went to this new guy at my salon and told him I kind of liked the length but wanted a clean up. He did exactly what I wanted - trimmed the ends and shaped it up a bit. But in the 5 months since then I have realized that with every centimeter it grows I only look older and my hair looks worse. Yesterday, after thinking about it for at least 2 months, I went in armed with photos. I told Kyle that the photos were only a "feeling" about what I wanted - that I did not want him to copy them but to get that feeling and then apply it to my hair. He did an awesome job - I think I feel almost cute! The greatest thing was that at the end he told me it would be $25! I could not believe this. This was a great cut and I was prepared to spend at least $60 or $70 for it. Needless to say I overtipped and even considering that it was a bargain. If you live in the Atlanta area and want a great hair guy please contact me and I will give you his number.

I would show you a photo but I don't do photos of me. Ever.

No comments: