Saturday, April 07, 2007

Today's Mini-Project



The ceiling fan which was ordered January 16 finally delivered March 21. Of course I was caught up in all sorts of other things and put the box in a corner but today I installed it!
http://www.fanworksoutlet.com Highly recommend. Great prices and free shipping. Also really great customer service.

I've installed plenty of ceiling fans but all have been the "budget builder" white bottom of the line things. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The one in my kitchen is perfect and I have no intentions of swapping it out. But the small white wobbly noisy thing in the living room had to go. Now that I've finally spent more than $40 for a ceiling fan I have to say that my take on the whole thing is the more a fan costs the more difficult the directions are. But I finally got it installed and I love it!

I finished the living room about 3 years ago but as of tonight it is a bit more finished:


These pictures are so cool to me because the fan blades look transparent! They aren't really - it was just moving when I took the shots.

I'm thrilled to knock another thing off my list. What a great enhancement going into warmer weather!

Speaking of lists - I might have mentioned this before but Sister Susannah (the new age nun) turned me on to tada lists about a year ago - www.tadalist.com I love it. I can make a monthly to-do list online. I can re-order the points. I can check them off when I'm finished. And they are archived so if I have a month where I sit on my butt and do nothing I can go back and look at what I did in a previous month and feel better. You can make any kind of list there. I even do sub-lists. I've always liked crossing things off of lists as I accomplish them and keeping a list makes me feel so organized and it helps me so much to think things out.

Also there is a blog I read that I have been meaning to share with all of you. It is a woman who does one (and usually more) daily Venn diagrams that are sharply funny and observant and plain wickedly smart. Add http://indexed.blogspot.com to your daily read. You won't be sorry. Unless you're an uneducated ultra conservative (isn't that redundant?) with a sense of humor like a fork.


No comments: