Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm a wreck.

Ramiro called at 7:30 am yesterday to let me know he would be here today between 8 and 9. At 8 am (precisely) he called me to let me know he was going to get the sander at Home Depot and would be here around 9.

It's 1:12 pm. Ramiro and his crew had sanded down the ceilings of both rooms by 10:30 this morning and by 11:45 had gotten the first coat of mud on AND fixed 3 cracks in the mudroom walls without me even asking.

It's just so stupid but I'm an emotional wreck. To see this work being done has so inspired me. They left for lunch at 11:45 and after I had a good hard cry on the phone with Mom I went in and have now sanded most of the pepto-bismol pink trim in prep for painting. This is a project that realistically would have taken me years and now in one morning it is already mostly ready for the finishing (painting, etc.). My home is chaos. My bike and worm farm are in the bedroom, the portable dishwasher is beside the computer. There is drywall dust all over. But the progress that has been made in the past 5 hours astounds me. I still think it's a couple of months before it is "right" but I'm on the ball now thanks to Ramiro. This might cost $500 - $600 which for me is huge but at this point worth every penny.

Will check in again later - now back to sanding.

No comments: