Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Must See

A Japan blog that I frequent recently had a link to perhaps the most wonderful documentary I have ever seen. This young man from California graduated from college then worked a couple of years to save up the money to walk from the southernmost point of Japan to the northernmost point. He did it between late March and late July 2004, and documented his experiences on video. I don't watch the show so I didn't know this but he also won The Amazing Race. I was so taken with this 1 hour video that I immediately went to his website and ordered my own copy. It arrived in today's mail and I am so excited. This guy has the most remarkable attitude and outlook on life and I have just been 100% inspired by him. His US name is Tyler MacNiven. His Japanese name is Kintaro. Here's the link to the google video as well as the link to his website.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3067683435545761102&q=kintaro+walks+japan

www.kintarowalksjapan.com

You will laugh, you will cry, you will learn about the kindness of the people of Japan, and you will feast on this remarkable documentary, which was edited beautifully by Tyler and his girlfriend Ayumi.

That's all for now.

No comments: