Monday, October 16, 2006

It has been a long couple of weeks.

Every year late in the year Delta does their annual audit of the physical inventory the Atlanta office has managed all year. This is that time of year. This past wekeend, after working all week, I was assigned to "count" during the pre-count, which is for the purpose of making sure we have it all together before Delta comes to count in November. So Saturday and Sunday we were counting from 7 am until 5 pm. It was good. It turned out great and we are in great shape - much better shape than I understand they were last year at this time. Chou tanoshi!

So now it's 2 weeks since I have done any decent cleaning in the house which is problematic if one has four cats. I managed to get my laundry done and this morning woke up and put my sheets and duvet cover in the wash and just pulled them out of the dryer and back on the bed. I must get another set.

I have four distinctly different cats. Sonny, 16 going on 17 is the grumpy old man. He has his special places he likes to sleep and no matter how much I pet and love on him and beg he will not sleep with me - he has his own personal spaces. He will come and sleep in my arms when I am sitting but sleep time is personal for him. I respect this.

Dylan (9 going on 10) is my neurotic purebred Maine Coon Cat. He is very underweight and despite my sneaking canned food to him he just doesn't gain. He also has bad hairballs despite all the laxatone I can get him to eat. Today when I stripped the bed at 7 am and put the sheets in the wash and left the down comforter folded neatly at the end of the bed he got up on it and coughed up a hairball. Fun stuff to deal with after a day at the office. Thank goodness for Oxi Clean and a good dryer.

Camillle is the boss of the family and also the tattletale. She keeps tabs on everyone. She is the Drill Sargeant.

Phoebe is the spoiled rotten baby who cries and whines when things don't go her way. I am starting to ignore it so I don't have a crying, whining spoiled cat.

Mom told me about something called Feliway - a synthetic feline pheremone in a diffuser like a Glade plug in (although a bit more expensive). Supposed to even out territorial behavior like scratching and all. I ordered 2 diffusers last Thursday and they arrived today. They are plugged in and I am hoping at least the scratching Dylan does will be helped. Maybe also Camille will chill out.

More later . . .

No comments: